fredag 2 december 2016

Lykaionas Interview!



1. Hailz and greetings from the cold Sweden!

-Hails from Hellas Jan!!

2.How did Lykaionas start in 2009? was it all three members from the start?
As all of you have an extensive background activity in black metal band
(and others genres) i assume all this experience has payed off when creating
musical spells for Lykaionas?

-Lykaionas started by me, having the concept idea, writing the music and lyrics, and told some others to help with the things I couldn’t play (like drums etc). None was member or anything. Basically, I was planning to release just some demos, nothing more, nor I wanted something more, but then Nergal told me they are looking for a band to release a split. I was honored to be accepted for the other side of that split. So it happened! I have been and still am in some bands, but the important thing is not to getting repeated and to do different stuff, otherwise it has no meaning. All were very different bands from each other. Yes experience helps a lot, in many aspects besides creation, but the biggest achieve from all these years is to have philosophized the essence and the meaning of BM, and to have the wisdom to avoid all the unnecessary rock-star stuff and gay attitudes we see today. 


-We all despise democracy in general, so why this has to change here?

4. First release was the "Mesaionas / Legions of the Serpent Race" split with
Nergal (Greece) How do you feel about these tracks now after around 7 years ago?
I have not heard Nergals part and i think the only release i heard of them was
"Absinthos" which was cool but that was like ten years ago.
How would you describe this band in your words?


-I really like those tracks because they were one of the few that were totally written and performed by me. I rarely do that. Most of my stuff, I don’t release them at all. After all these years, I wouldn't change anything! Nergal's part is solid, believe me! Absinthos is a very good come-back after 10 years of silence. Generally Nergal always were something different and isolated from the rest of the scene, even if they were one of the first to contribute in the old Hellenic BM. In their first recordings and EPs they used distorted bass, later they passed on in more guitars. 
When the Hellenic scene was gaining worldwide attention, they from the other hand, disappeared! They always had a cult status!! There were some problems with the police when the Satanists murders took place in Greece and were under police observation for many years, so that took them back as a band. We are working now on new material, and surely you will have a new Nergal release in '17. 
This band is one of the very few that I'm proud for Hellenic BM!!! Hail Hellas!! 
Cult never dies!!

5.Then it took almost 5 years for the tape "Arcane Bloodcult Mysteries" to
surface, was there some problems or too active in other projects?
Could you explain a bit what the cover symbolizes and i am curious about
what Ancient bloodcults is of interest...something that has to do with Saturn?


-No, nothing as that. It just happened. I have many recordings in the meanwhile, I just didn’t release them. Lykaionas is an underground band, and it will remain that way till the very end. So when it comes, it comes. I have no plans nor do I care. But now that Lykaionas are a full-member band, I think we will release stuff more frequent than 5 years maybe.
The cover is medieval alchemy origin, and represents the Salamander (The first breath of the Dragon). As a symbolic value this creature originates from the first Fire that created the Universe. About Saturn you got it right! There are six stars left of the Moon (Space), so it means the sixth planet (Saturn). In the tail (Earth) there are 5 stars, meaning the 5th element (Aether/Αἰθήρ). When you manage to reveal those secrets hidden and unnoticed, you have the whole idea of alchemistic originate of the Cosmos.

6. The 7" "Litanies of the Black Occult" was a great release and it was this one
that got me interested in Lykaionas, can you shed some light into the lyrics
of Apethantos & Baron of the Black Occult?


-Eternal Hails to Giannis & Fistbang rec and Jalec & Eastside rec, for made that happened! After this release many people got interesting in hearing Lykaionas. With this release I wanted to establish a more obscure touch of the glorious Black metal past. That eerie touch of total Darkness, that has marked me. Apethantos is a Hellenic word, which means Undead. Basically my whole feeling when writing the lyrics of this EP, was the bizarre atmosphere that originates from the old Hammer films, which I'm very fond of. A reality in a world of Vampires, Werewolves, Undead and macabre people's beliefs, majestic castles in misty forests and vintage Satanism blends within the prism of reality.

7. How would you describe your own spiritual beliefs and how important are they in
your life?

-Well, spiritualism is more than having some beliefs; you should always research and evolve as much as you can. In sort terms, I’m generally a follower of Left-Hand Path. This can include many things and many approaches of one on how he apprehends the religious aspects. A narrow-minded would not understand. I’m in and above all things. I embrace all my instincts, as I’m totally balanced with my inner Nature and the deeper aspects of it. I embrace the results of my Works, and I know I was born that way, so my Path is about my own self-development and self-empowerment so as to conquer my destiny. I prefer my individualism and I’m opposed to mass reaction.

8. This year Hass Weg Productions released your first full album "Luciferian Fullmoon Necromancy"
Tell me all about it! I have yet to hear it all of it but it sounds like the strongest
material so far! And who did the cover art?


-Yes I consider it the best release until now too. Great musicians and friends got involved in it, so it was sure it will be the best stuff. It has some differences from the past material (to the best), but it still holds strong the obscure, occult and abysmal feeling of the past. And that's what is important for me. The feelings you get after you hear the whole record, and not the music itself. It has been released by the French Hass Weg in 500 copies. All the critics I have heard and read about it are very positive at least!
The cover is made by a very unique artist called Jonathan Guthmann and it’s a part of his “The Last Judgment” painting. He has nothing to do with BM, but he’s truly an artist worth checking out!!

9. What lies in store in the bands near future?

-Well nobody can tell for sure. The only sure thing is that we will keep going. No plans or however. Just a main idea to release another full, not very far, and apart from that, whatever comes along too in this journey. The only thing I know for sure is that it will be Black Metal. That's all I need.

10. Thanks for your time answering these questions!

-Thank you for this very interesting interview!!! Keep the black flame burning and spread total hatred!! 

The Dark Ages will rise again!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar