tisdag 17 juni 2014
Army of Helvete Interview!
How is your day?
And how goes the work on the second demo? Has it been given a name and release date?
- Mephisto: Hail! It seems a good day since now… I hope that will finish like is now. It goes well: all members are working hard on it and I have the impression that we are more motivated than the first; about the info on the second demo I can say that it will be themed only about biological warfare, a virtually apocalyptic kind of massive extermination not much used ( I think) in this genre of music. For the release date I can’t say it ( probably this year if all goes for the right way) but I can say how it will be called: his name will be “Artificial Pandemia”.
- Morgoth: Hail! The day was not too bad. We started to work on the second demo few weeks ago! In my opinion we need to leave our past lyrics and working on new real aggressive and hateful themes… I think this new way is the real concept of AOH horde. I’m proud to make a second demo that we will entitle as “Artificial pandemia”.
2. As you are a fairly fresh horde how did you all wind up together?
And was your intentions for the band set in stone from the start?
- Mephisto: Since the new formation in 2013 we had found finally a stable squad: the will to work on AOH project is high like never before; taking a total different way from the beginning, when we wanted to make an Old School Black Metal band, we are marching all together on a wave of aggressive and warmonger music that want to sing the praises of most extreme kinds of war and destruction.
This process will be evident on the future releases, starting with “Artificial Pandemia”.
- Morgoth: No more words need to be added. Mephisto said all!
3. What bands pushed you in this direction of musical madness?
- Mephisto: Band that influences our works ( mainly those we are working now) are, I think, Diocletian, Teitanblood, Goatpenis and, more for lyrics than sound, Blasphemophagher: from first three bands we take inspiration for heavy and aggressive sounds and from Blasphemophagher personally I take the way of lyrics that combine massive destruction and total madness.
- Morgoth: I like too much Black/Death metal and War metal bands but I reveal a great passion also for hardcore (NO METALCORE). I don’t want to make a list because my personal creations of AOH music (Desecrator and me are the makers) are influenced by no specific bands.
4.The first demo "The Age of Nucleares" that you released contained two covers & two original songs the "Blood Squirting Madonna " & "Morte!", can you describe your own two debut tracks?
- Mephisto: Sure.“Blood Squirting Madonna” was a concept born to take into the extreme the will to offend a main character of the weak Christian faith: I think that the idea to kill the not even born Jesus kicking and punching his mother since death is a noticeable peak of desecration well mixed with our themes of physical violence and aggression. “Morte!” is simply the Italian translate of “Death!”: is an hymn dedicate to the Death both like fourth Apocalypse Knight and like the ultimate force that kill all… simply and raw.
5.In the beginning you had a cool old school logo but for your second creation that got out in 2013 you transformed it into a mean & clean militant logo, what was the thoughts behind that & who created them by the way?
- Mephisto: For answer this question I reclaim what I’ve said on the second point: also the logos difference represent the drastic changing that is happening into the band becoming from desecration and more demoniac music to a total militant and warlike Black Metal.
About the creation of logos, I can say that they are totally AOH own made: I had made the first logo whereas Morgoth and Desecrator and Bio-Murderer made the last.
- Morgoth: The first logo was old and raw as our past music!
Now, we are working for clean, violent and brutal music, so it’s necessary to make a new logo that describe us like a militant warmonger band! In my opinion, a good and coincided logo is the first step to fuel us and make better music!
6. Please introduce the members thats in the Army of Helvete!
- Mephisto: AOH consist of four members: me ( Mephisto) on vocals and lyrics, Morgoth on drums, Desecrator at guitars and Bio-Murderer ( ex Progeny of Nuclear Abomination) at bass… together allied since 2011.
7. How did you three bands end up doing in the split (well know for rawwar readers by now) "Umbral Regnum" which is also Army of Helvetes second release.
- Mephisto: The history of “Umbral Regnum” started when we was contacted by Drakkon of Sacrificio Sumerio horde that want to give us the chance of make a split with his band: it was an honor for us that a band from other side of the world ask to us to have a production with them; since this moment, we have worked hard and fast on our tracks ( “Legion”, “Maelstromageddon” and Venom cover “Leviathan”) and, during the beginning of this work, we had known that Ordnung was added at the split. What can I say? In this split we had hold the banner of our nation and we hope to have done this as best as we can.
- Morgoth: Drakkon had the first idea about the split (as I know) and propose it to Mephisto. Days after, me, Drakkon and Bismarck talked about it and, in a short range of time, we made it. No fucking rip off! Real musical madness moved only by passion and ideas! Greetings and thanks to Drakkon and a special hail to Bismarck… Recover fast yourself, bro!
8. Can you recommend some active Italian black metal bands?
- Mephisto: Surely, if they was active now, I recommend you Blasphemophagher… best Black Death Metal band that was in Italy I think. Of active italic hordes I like very much Noctifer, In League with Satan and a satanic legion that is going straight like a panzer in this years: Kurgaall from North Italy.
- Morgoth: Imposer, Kurgaall, Voids Of Vomit and so on…
9.I saw your long-sleeved shirt merch which looked neat, will there be some new similar stuff coming out for your next outing?
- Mephisto: Yes… but is not into the primary objectives of the band now. Maybe, after the arrive of “Artificial Pandemia”, we will made a Bioterrorism themed combat suit… just to be hateful.
- Morgoth: I don’t know if we will produce new clothing merchandise in this/next year. We are really focused on Artificial pandemia that the other things are all secondary! However we try to produce merchandise everytime it’s possible!
10. Well thanks for now and best of luck in the future!
You got the last word.
- Mephisto: Kill the weak: they are stealing your own oxygen. Greetings
- Morgoth: Support world decimation! Only the elite must live! Greetings from Rome