torsdag 14 augusti 2014
1.Big hails! How does the work go on the coming album "Nachtwelten"? This will be your sixth album if i am not wrong how do you feel this journey have been from the creative start to the mixing final?
It is not unusual for some artists to get tired of the music at the end of this type of work experience and cant listen to the songs for a while after, do you have similar feelings at the end of an album or does the recordings etc go enough fast to still feel at ease with all?
- Hails to thee...yes it is the 6th album, and it just got ready, we did 3 different mixes,and finally we are all satisfied with it in the band! Well of course when you listen to the same songs again and again you might get tired of them, but right now I´m listening to the final mix, and I´m really happy with it, Skjeld did a fantastic job!!! I hope the people who buy this album then (we are still looking for a label at the moment) will feel the same....in my opinion „Nachtwelten“ will be by far our best album!!!
It still is raw but powerful, and more atmospheric then „Necro“....definitely again a step forward for the band!
2. The cover art looked stunning, done by seventh bell artworks. How did you come in contact with him and did the work-dialouge go smoothly?
- Well I found his page at facebook and I really liked his artwork, and when I saw that one called „Dark Mother“ to me it was clear, this should be the cover for „Nachtwelten“, it just fits fucking perfect!!! So I contacted him, everything went smooth, and some days later it was officially our Cover painting!!! I really like his style of drawing!!!
3. .I read your interview in Bylec-Tum Magazine #14 (2007), the last release you talked about there was the re release of the first two albums as a DLP...
so take it from there and ask about the "Reich der Schatten" album. This was released three years after the re release and 4 years after the second album. How was this third album to make and was there any specific reason for the amount of time that passed from the last release?
- Well it took quite a while to get the album ready (most parts had been reorded already 2005), then we had some delay from the label´s side....still back then everything was ok, BRH did a good job, but then after some time he fucked up, didnt answer our mails anymore...
we already had recorded our 4th album, had signed a contract, but then he did not release it, and even wanted back the money he gave us for the studio...so it was not released before 2014, when Black Saw Records finally could realize to unleash the CD.
...it also took him some time as Bloodred Horizon wanted money from him...well about „Reich der Schatten“ it is until now surely our most popular album, as back then the label made a lot of promotion...still there are things I dont like, for example the sound is too flat and lifeless....nevertheless, it´s a good but not great album in my opinion....and as you mentioned him, Hailz here to my friend G.G. of Bylec Tum Zine!!!
4. Just a simple question, is the songs on the promo cd´s you get out between albums songs that reappear later on proper releases? Like the Promo CD 2007 & At my Funeral (Promo CD 08).
- Well the Promo 2007 was just a rehearsal recording, not sure we will release the songs again...the „at my funeral“ songs were intended for Split 7“EPs, but they did not happen, so we decided to put them on CD-R, but maybe they will be used again for a Split 12“ or something like that, at the moment there is no further plan, but who knows...
5. Is the Necro Sessions the second rehearsal outing or a live album or the third promo CD for the "Necro" album?
- The „Necro Sessions“ was just to give people a sign of life that we still exist...the songs have been recorded during a rehearsal, and appeared later in different versions on the „Necro“ album...of course you can also see it as a Promo for the „Necro“ album....
6. .Please tell me about the "curse" that lay upon the "Dimensionen unendlicher Finsternis" album?
- Well as above stated, we recorded it already beginning of 2008, but then the label fucked up, and we couldnt release it...and they didnt give us the allowance of doing a release, as they wanted the money for the studio back, even if it was their fault, not ours, we fulfilled the contract, they didnt!!!
We changed the title and a member who was in the band from 2010 – 2012 did a new layout, but when the album finally came out 2014 on Black Saw Records, he was pissed off we used his artwork, as we parted maybe not in best ways...so I needed to print again alternative Covers for it...I was surprised myself when I saw Black Saw Recs finally did this CD, as I didn´t hear from them for 2 years or something...
on the other hand it´s an old album, released 6 years after it has been reorded, so I don´t care that much about it anymore...but a remastered version will be printed on double tape edition together with a remastered version of „Necro“, on Death to Peace Prods....thx to Baron Steve Warweolf for his support!
Furthermore I can say it´s maybe the fastest album of Pestnebel, as Malthökk of Ewiges Reich plays drums on that recording, we also did most of our live gigs with him!
7.When & where was your last live ritual held and how did that go? And i guess new ones will be planned for the time of the coming "Nachtwelten"?
- The last gig we played was November 2011 in Speyer at the Unholy Congragation festival, but the gig itself was horrible...at the moment we havent planned for any live appearances, as half of the band is living in Bavaria and the other in Northrhine Westphalia, more then 500 km of distance...but if we get a good offer, we might say yes, as we all are experianced musicians, and could rehearse some days before the gig happens...the new line-up is the best we ever had, featuring Skjeld (ex-Nyktalgia) on Bass/vocals, Seuchenfürst on Leadguitar, Odium MDB Aeternum on Drums and Pestmeister Tairach on Guitar/Leadvocals.
8.Your new logo looks great, who did that one? Any t-shirts on the horizon?
- It was made by a friend of someone i used to know, he did a great job for sure! New shirts might come when the new album is out, at the moment I´m out of money, so I cant print shirts myself, but the label that releases the new album surely will also make some shirts!
At the moment I have no merch available anymore, completely sold out!!!
9.The song that you posted "Mein ist der Untergang" thats from "Nachtwelten" was great but as i am not an expert in the German language can you please tell some about its theme?
- It means „Mine is the ruin“ roughly translated, and it deals with the emptiness, when all is lost, and the soul is swallowed by a giant black void...the version is the 2nd mix, so not the final one that will be on the album then!
10. How does the rest of the year look like?
Well first of all we are now looking for a suitable label to release „Nachtwelten“ with good conditions and hopefully good promo work, as I think this album really deserves it! „Necro“ for example was a great album, but with no promo at all, so it didnt get spread that much....hope this time we will be more lucky!
We also recorded 5 old songs which we might use for a Split LP, but those ones still need to be finished, just drums and rythm guitar have been recorded! Maybe beginning of 2015 the album will be out and we might play some gigs then!
11.Well thats was all from me this time, Thanks for your answers.
Here's for another 12 years of Pestnebel!
- I hope so!!! Thanks for your interest and support!
Finsternis wird herrschen!!!